DIAGNOSIS: Post-weaning diarrhea
Salmonella typhimurium (STM) and enterotoxigenic E. coli (ETEC) are two important agents responsible for diarrhea in weaners.
Biovet now provides you with a profile consisting in two tests to detect these agents from feces:
- Detection of STM and Salmonella spp by rtPCR. This test determines the presence of STM or another salmonella (Salmonella spp). Moreover, for STM, it can determine if it is a variant i:1.2, i:- or -:1,2
- Culture of ETEC (isolation) and characterization of isolates by rtPCR for F4 and F18 colonization factors as well as STa, STb, LT and STx2e toxins.
SUBMITTING SAMPLES: feces (a few grams of fecal matter in a sterile container or rectal swabs).
|Number of business days*:||2 to 3||4 to 5|
*Those tests are performed from Monday to Friday.
The test to be specified on the queries is “Post-weaning STM and ETEC profile”
In the event either test is positive, further tests are possible:
- In case of PCR positive for Salmonella:
- Salmonella Isolation
- serotyping (if PCR is negative for STM)
- If an ETEC is isolated: sensitivity
For further information, feel free to contact us!